TRAFFIC POLICE HEADQUARTERS, J&K, JAMMU/SRINAGAR
- From 23-04-2023, 1700 hrs. to 24-04-2023, 1700 hrs Jammu Srinagar NHW remained blocked for 45 mins due to shooting stones at Mehar-Cafeteria. C-N Tunnel closed for 03 hours 32 mins. and NAVYUG Tunnel closed for 01 hour 30 mins by Tunnel authorities, making the total blockage of 05 hours 47 mins. Also slow movement on NH-44 due to breakdown of 03 HMVs and movement of 08 nomadic flocks between Nashri and NAVYUG Tunnel.
- HMVs with only 06 and 10 tyres shall be allowed to ply through Dhar road.
TRAFFIC PLAN & ADVISORY FOR 25-04-2023:-
Subject to fair weather and road clearance, LMVs Passenger/Private Cars shall be allowed from both sides on Jammu-Srinagar NHW viz Jammu towards Srinagar and vice-versa. TCU Jammu/Srinagar shall be liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the traffic.
CUT OFF TIMINGS FOR LMVS/PASSENGER/PRIVATE CARS
To be released from Nagrota (Jammu) from 0600 hrs. to 1100 hrs.
from Jakheni (Udhampur) 0700 hrs to 1200 hrs &
from NAVYUG Tunnel (Qzd. side) 0600 hrs to 1100 hrs.
TCU Jammu and TCU Srinagar will inform all concerned about the traffic advisory and cut off timings. No vehicle shall be allowed to move before and after cut off timings.
Subject to fair weather and better road conditions, HMVs shall be allowed from Jakheni (Udhampur) towards Srinagar after assessing the road and traffic situation on NH-44. TCU Udhampur shall liaise with TCU Ramban before releasing the HMVs.
SFs Convoy Movement:-
Security Forces are advised/requested not to ply against advisory/traffic plan in view of possible traffic congestion because of narrow carriage way between Nashree and Banihal on Jammu-Srinagar NHW. Tomorrow they may ply from Jammu towards Srinagar after confirming the status of NHW from TCU Ramban.
In view of snow accumulation, Rock falls/slides and avalanches at multiple places on Sonamarg-Kargil Road, tomorrow on 25-04-2023, no vehicular movement shall be allowed on Srinagar-Sonamarg-Gumri road from either side.
Mughal Road closed for vehicular movement as per District Magistrate Shopian’s order endstt. no. DMS/PA/2023/1362-67 dated 05-01-2023 in view of snow accumulation.
People are advised to undertake journey on NH-44 only after confirming status of the road from Traffic control units as under:-
• Jammu (0191-2459048, 0191- 2740550, 9419147732, 103)
• Srinagar (0194-2450022, 2485396, 18001807091, 103)
• Ramban (9419993745)
• Udhampur (8491928625)
• PCR Kishtwar (9906154100) for status of Sinthan Road
Advisory issued today on 24-04-2023 at 1800 hrs.